Recent VRBO Reviews:
| ★★★★★ | “Wonderful home on Mirror Lake in Lake Placid, NY”
By: Steve | Date: October 1, 2012
Our group of 8 avid Adirondack hikers had the pleasure of staying at this terrific lakefront home on Mirror Lake. The view of the lake and surrounding mountains from the house and property is spectacular.
The house was really clean and in very good condition. Each of the 6 bedrooms was unique, large and very comfortable. The large indoor porch facing the lake is a real bonus and a great place to spend time dining and relaxing. The kitchen has very modern appliances and is ideal for large or small groups.
The house is less than a 10 minute walk from the Village of Lake Placid and its many restaurants and shops. That's a real plus after a long day of hiking.
The owner was a pleasure to speak with and was responsive and very helpful.
Our group unanimously gave this house an enthusiastic thumbs-up and would be happy to return in the future. Highly recommended.
- Recommended for: Girls getaway, tourists without a car, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, families with teenagers
| ★★★★★ | “Fantastic location”
By: Kathy | Date: October 2, 2011
Couldn't have asked for a better location and view of the lake as well as comfortable accomodations in a well equipped true Adirondack home! Close to everything in town that you would need or want to see..
- Recommended for: Girls getaway, tourists without a car, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers.
| ★★★★★ | “Fall Group Trip Destination”
By: Matt | Date: October 17, 2012
My friends and I (totaling 8 adults) rented this property for a long weekend in October during Lake Placid's "Flaming Leaves Festival. Long story short...we will be back. I've been to lake Placid many times during the Fall season, and this home is just a WONDERFUL setting. It would be perfect for families, or groups like mine. It will sleep 10 adults comfortably. To walk you are 30 seconds from the Marina, 90 seconds from the Mirror Lake Inn and 2 minutes to the shops and restaurants in the village. This is a classic lake property...not shiny an new, but nowhere near used up. Well maintained, family owned property. Nothing beats making up and being able to read on your enclosed porch, or on your dock on Mirror Lake, Excellent value
- Recommended for: Sightseeing
- “We thoroughly enjoyed your home... it’s in the perfect location, the beds were great, the kitchen was ‘just like home’ and the views were breathtaking!” - Kathleen C.
- “We had a wonderful relaxing time.” - Margaret R.
- “The house was great. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had a great week.” - Tim